OpenBMC on Raspberry PI 3.

Javier Romero xavinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 01:01:34 AEDT 2017

Hi Andrew,
Thank you very much for your suggestions, I'll follow them.

> Ah - so I don't think you've outlined why you picked OpenBMC for the
> job. Can you give us a quick run-down?

I'm an individual contributor on the Open Compute Project and follow
the Hardware Management Group, OpenBMC is on their project scope and
sounds very interesting for me, so decide to participate and see if I
can be useful.

> Without further information and assuming you just want to get an image
> you've built with Yocto onto a Raspberry Pi, there appears to be a good
> unofficial how-to here

I've built an image of Yocto to learn more about it, as see that is
what OepBMC use.

> There are going to be easier projects out there than OpenBMC to cut
> your teeth with, but if you are keen to learn to program, feel you have
> the drive to do so and Yi is happy to help out with your interest in
> the Raspberry Pi then by all means stick around :)

Have bought the Raspberry PI a few days ago, to start contibuting to
the OpenBMC project and try to make it work on the RPI. I can learn
what is needed on the way, and that is why I'm here and decide to
participate, to contribute while learning new things. But if more
programming advanced knowledge is requiered to participate on the
OpsnBMC project, maybe I'll have to cut my teeth with other project as
you said.

Thanks again for your kind attention.

Regards,

Javier Romero