OpenBMC on Raspberry PI 3.

Javier Romero xavinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 03:09:10 AEDT 2017

Andrew,

"*More generally, knowledge of Python (Yocto/bitbake, some OpenBMC
userspace), C (u-boot, kernel, qemu, also requires a some comfort with
assembler) and C++ (most of the phosphor reference userspace applications)
is useful.*"

I see, but I'm not a programmer, have start by building an image of Yocto
for the Raspberry PI to learn more about Yocto, Poky and bitbake. Links you
provided are very welcome and useful!

Yi,

*"The original target was to build an OpenBMC image for RaspberryPi, but I
never tested on a real hardware.*
I've the Raspberry PI 3 at disposal for testing on a real hardware.

*More work is required to run OpenBMC on a Raspberry Pi. The
"meta-phosphor" layer has been changed since that time, we need to update
RaspberryPi configurations accordingly."*

Something I can help and with this although Im not a programmer?

Thanks for your answers and kind attention.

Regards,

*Javier Romero*

*E-mail: xavinux at gmail.com <xavinux at gmail.com>*

*Skype: xavinux*