chassis_control.py in skeleton

Yong Li yong.b.li at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 29 12:40:34 AEDT 2017

Thanks Brad for your message!

I studied on these state-manager services, It seems that the chassis_control.py can be replaced by chassis_state and host_state .cpp files. I will perform some tests to check if there any changes needed.

I also found that some of .cpp services  still need these apps in skeleton. Below is an example, it needs the skeleton/op-pwrctl/power_control.obj.c:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/blob/master/chassis_state_manager.cpp#L56

I would like to start to modify/rewrite these buton/power(gpio control related) tools in skeleton, using C++ and sdbusplus, and support multi platforms(X86). Could you share some comments/suggestions?
Create a new project such as power-button-manager, or add them into this phosphor-state-manager?

Thanks,
Yong Li