OpenBMC 11/6 community telecon - Minutes

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Tue Nov 7 16:33:28 AEDT 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:
> Discussed OpenBMC release support model.
>    - Currently strive to use stable releases from component projects (Yocto,
> Linux) - have not always succeeded in practice.
>    - Work to do beyond this to establish a model.
>    - Backport security fixes directly upstream to Yocto, not OpenBMC,
> whenever possible.

I've posted some more detailed thoughts to the list on this topic:

 https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2017-November/009843.html

> There was a question if anyone has ever run a security scan against OpenBMC.
> Yes - an example can be found here:
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/1229
>
> linux.conf.au in January.  Attend to learn about OpenBMC and OSS in general.

Please come! The OpenBMC kernel team will be there, along with other
contributors: both the ones you know, and future potential
contributors.

 https://linux.conf.au/  22-26 January 2018, Sydney, Australia

 https://rego.linux.conf.au/schedule

I will organise a BoF session during the week to chat about OpenBMC.
If there's enough interest we can look at spending a day before, after
(or during?) the conference to talk shop.

> Please let me know if anything is inaccurate or I’ve missed something.

Thanks for taking minutes Brad!

Cheers,

Joel