Does anyone tftpboot the userspace image?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Mon Jan 23 12:10:10 AEDT 2017

Hi Xo

Honestly this is my _only_ use case… I don’t ever flash machines unless
whatever I am testing specifically requires that, which for me anyway,
is very infrequent.

There doesn’t necessarily have to be an all or nothing approach taken here.

cpio.lzma.u-boot can be removed from IMAGE_FSTYPES in several places:

-in your local.conf
-in zaius.conf in the zaius layer
-in a yet to be created ingrasys.conf in the ingrasys layer
-probably other ways too

Alternatively, we can turn it off by default and add it where it is desired - possibly
-in my local.conf
-in in ibm.conf

I guess what I am not sure of is which makes more sense to be the default?
When these kinds of questions come up I tend to think in terms of what would
benefit new users of the project the most?  I honestly don’t know - what does
everyone else think?

-brad