Mellanox ipmi daemon discussion

Mykola Kostenok c_mykolak at mellanox.com
Tue Aug 29 01:27:13 AEST 2017

Hi,

We'd like to add Mellanox ipmi daemon recipe to mellanox msn platform. It's based on openipmi project.
Code review: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/5694/.

We added some hooks in openipmi code and also our specific module.
We use it for SoL, SEL, serial console redirection, console switching between the host and BMC, PET/PEF, LAN related commands, time setting,, and also a lot of OEM commands for LED, FAN control, reset signals, reset causes, BT connection with CPU, etc.
It doesn't use DBUS interface.

We are planning transition to OpenBMC ipmi demon, after we are done with all kernel related patches. Our plan is to start transition in the following order SoL, SDR, SEL, LAN, LED and so on.
At his moment we'd like to have functional image, which can be built from OpenBMC with no any patches.
We also have one customer and it's important for us to have a functional image, which he can build by himself.

Reviewers welcome.

Best regards. Mykola Kostenok.