openbmc query

Chris Austen austenc at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 9 10:26:54 AEST 2017

"openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+austenc=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org> wrote on
08/06/2017 11:50:23 PM:

> From: "R V, Rashmi" <rashmi.r.v at intel.com>
> To: "openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
> Date: 08/06/2017 11:50 PM
> Subject: openbmc query
> Sent by: "openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+austenc=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>
>

> Hi
>
> I am trying to learn about openbmc. I have gone through the link
> given below and tried to use the image to build on AST2500 EVB. But
> it doesn’t work for me. Can you please guide me on how to run the
> built image file(build number 1016 in the link) and the test cases for
it?

> https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-test-qemu/
>
> Regards
> Rashmi

Hi Rashmi,
first you need to decide if you want to use the EVB or QEMU.  The QEMU
model we support is specific
to either the palmetto or romulus system.  If you want to try QEMU might I
suggest...

export
TEMPLATECONF=meta-openbmc-machines/meta-openpower/meta-ibm/meta-palmetto/conf
. openbmc-env
bitbake obmc-phosphor-image

once complete grab the tmp/deploy/images/palmetto/flash-palmetto

follow the steps to build qemu...
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/cheatsheet.md#building-qemu
and then run qemu...
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/cheatsheet.md#using-qemu
replacing <path>/flash-palmetto with where the flash file exists from your
bitbake

Good luck!