Need some advice on IPMI "Get Chassi Capabilities" command

Li Nan william.bjlinan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:49:22 AEST 2016

Hi team,

I'm working on the IPMI "Get Chassis Capabilities" command.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/438

I summarize some fields of settings, and want to confirm them:
Byte

Content

Note

2

Capabilities Flags:
[7:4] ¨C reserved
[3] ¨C 1b = provides power interlock  (IPM 1.5)
[2] ¨C 1b = provides Diagnostic Interrupt (FP NMI)
[1] ¨C 1b = provides ¡°Front Panel Lockout¡± (indicates that the chassis has capabilities to lock out external power control and reset button or front panel interfaces and/or detect tampering with those interfaces).
[0] -1b = Chassis provides intrusion (physical security) sensor.

Not support. (Search codes, and find no info about this).

Per Tom
fsp support diagnostic interrupt, so set to 0x4.

3

Chassis FRU info Device Address
Note: all IPMB address used in this command are have the 7-bit i2c slave address as the most-significant 7-bits and the least significant bit set to 0b.
 00h = unspecified.

Not support. (Search codes, and find no info about this)

So set to 0x20.

4

Chassis SDR Device Address

Not support. (Search codes, and find no info about this)

So set to 0x20.

5

Chassis SEL Device Address

Not support. (Search codes, and find no info about this)

So set to 0x20.

6

Chassis System Management Device Address

Not support. (Search codes, and find no info about this)

So set to 0x20.

(7)

Chassis Bridge Device Address. Report location ot the ICMB bridge function. If this field is not provided, the address is assumed to be the BMC address (20h). Implementing this field is required when the Get Chassis Capabilities command is implemented by a BMC, and whatever the Chassis Bridge function is implement at an address other than 20h.

Not support. (Search codes, and find no info about this)
So set to 0x20.

I think those settings should be read from MRW. Do we have an interface to do it?

Thanks!

Nan Li