[RFC 0/2] misc: bt: added Block Transfer over I2C

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Sep 9 15:22:18 AEST 2016

Hey Brendan,

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Brendan Higgins
<brendanhiggins at google.com> wrote:
> Looking for feedback on my new bt-i2c (Block Transfer over I2C) interface.

Thanks for sending this out. You're setting a great example for the rest of us!

I don't have an specific feedback for you, other than to say I think
what you are doing is reasonable.

> I based the slave side (BMC) driver on the bt-host driver; the file system
> interface is fully compatible and has been tested with btbridged and ipmid
> running on an ast2500 evb.

This is timely. Cedric has recently sent out the bt-host patches[1].
One of the questions raised was the suitability of the userspace API
for other users. It would be useful for you to put forward your
thoughts on that discussion.

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg527834.html

Cheers,

Joel