Query on image deployment on ASPEED board

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Thu Nov 17 16:05:42 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Arjun Padmanabhan
<arjun.padmanabhan at microsemi.com> wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
>> Is this an AST2400 EDK?
> Its' an AST 2400 evaluation board.
>
>> I recommend building on modern Ubuntu or Fedora machine.
> I am using CENT OS 6.6 to build images for openbmc. Is it recommended?

No. I would never recommend anyone put themselves through that. But it
should work; one of the teams working on OpenBMC uses RHEL 6.4 to do
builds.

>> Once you have an image built in openbmc/build/tmp/deploy/images, you can netboot it with tftp.
> Should I need a flash programmer to flash image onto ASPEED board? If I want to boot the image from ASPEED board, how should I proceed? Is there a GUI available for the image of ASPEED board?

There is no GUI.

If you have a flash programmer available you can put the
palmetto-flash image on there. I recommend taking a back up of the
flash in case it does not work.

You can either build the Palmetto image yourself, or use one from our
continuous integration server here:

https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-build/distro=ubuntu,target=palmetto/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/images/palmetto/

It produces output on UART5 at 115200 baud. On my ast2500-evb that
connector is labeled DEBUG UART.

Cheers,

Joel