AUTHORS files

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Nov 11 14:17:42 AEDT 2016

Hello Nancy,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Nancy Yuen <yuenn at google.com> wrote:
> The open source policy at Google requires that any repo on GitHub we
> contribute to contain an AUTHORS file listing all contributing
> companies/people including Google.
>
> Any objection if I send out patches for AUTHORS files for each of the
> openbmc repos, listing Google in the ones where we've contributed?

I can understand if you have a requirement to do this in projects
started and owned by Googlers.

As is an existing project I would do the open source thing: follow the
existing conventions of the project.

OpenBMC maintain authorship information through git history, and
whenever a contributor sends a patch they are agreeing to the
developers certificate of origin by providing a Signed-off-by line.
This is enforced through our code review process on Gerrit.

Cheers,

Joel