IPMI LAN command story design - try 3rd send

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Nov 5 01:14:55 AEDT 2016

Tom,

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 06:56:21PM +0530, tomjose wrote:
> The Set Channel access command was decided to be used to mark the end of
> a setting LAN configuration transaction.

The IPMI spec for the SetLanConfig has a parameter 'Set In Progress'
which states: 10b = commit write.  Why are we not utilizing that?  Maybe
in addition to Set Channel Access?

I don't see anything in the Set Channel Access command description that
would be obvious as a mechanism for updating IP addresses.  Was that
just quick behavior we decided to do for Barreleye?  Is there any reason
why we would not deprecate that behavior in favor of the Set In
Progress / commit write?

--
Patrick Williams