updating u-boot_2013.07.bb recipe

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri May 27 20:13:22 AEST 2016

Hey Cedric,

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Cédric Le Goater <clg at kaod.org> wrote:
> The uboot recipe in openbmc is still at 4b44678c11. Without them, I see
> memory corruption under qemu, so I suppose this is the same for real HW.
>
> commit 6f7818cdb8d8 "net: aspeednic: Do not start hardware in initialize"
> seems to solve the problem.
>
> Is there a reason for staying at that level in uboot ? Could we take all
> Milton's patches in ?

We updated to 44f1262bdf39ad93032d39f17a298165372be82e just yesterday:

 https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/commit/265b0d55113d364554102d532177916741c8c379

The hold up related to some discussion around not going back to the
default compiler:

 https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/pull/227

I see Patrick closed this yesterday. I'm not sure what the plans are
there; I would strongly recommend we go back to the more modern
compiler.

Cheers,

Joel