Resolving the lonely pull request

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon May 9 12:12:31 AEST 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 18:53 +0000, Chris Austen wrote:
> Days, weeks and months go by with some pull requests sitting idle.
> Is it because no one feels accountable for the review?  Would it make
> sense to assign maintainers for repos?

It's not clear to me what our expectations are here. Should we require
all patches be reviewed? Most? Some? Should maintainers be able to
merge their own patches without review? If not, whose responsibility
should it be to review patches from a repo's maintainer?

Should we time-out the review process (i.e. merge regardless) so that
patches aren't stuck for months?

Cyril posted his patches adding tests for the btbridge repo, and the
list suggests Cyril as its maintainer. It made me curious about how we
want this to work.

Andrew