Flashing U-Boot using DediProg(R) on Aspeed AST2500 EVB

CĂ©dric Le Goater clg at kaod.org
Fri Jun 17 15:52:43 AEST 2016

On 06/17/2016 07:32 AM, Joel Stanley wrote:
> Hi Shay,
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Shay Slobodkin <shays at mellanox.com> wrote:
>> Recently we had some problems with our AST2500 EVB U-Boot.
>>
>> Had several systems gone bad.
>>
>> We want to use the DediProg® tool in order to recover.
>>
>> If you have used this tool, could you please explain briefly how to use it
>> with Aspeed AST2500 EVB?
>
> I've not done this myself on the evb.
>
> Looking at the board, you want header J70 is for the ast2500 boot
> flash. It's a 5 pin connector on the south west area of the board. The
> pins are labeled in the order: CS0, Clock, MOSI, MISO, Ground.

Yes. It works pretty well from a raspberry pi. I also have used a
Flashcat programmer.

You should make sure that the board is not booting from the flash
module. For that you need to unselect the flash chip, CS0 on header J44.

> If you need further help perhaps send a photo of your programmer and
> whatever cables it came with.

and one of your board perhaps. With details of what is around the
flash.

Cheers,

C.