Github Pull Requests

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Oct 8 11:03:00 AEDT 2015

There was some discussion about using Github pull requests for code
reviews or the mailing list.  There was expressed  a preference to use the
mailing list because it is less spammy.

Newer versions of git have a nice tool 'git-send-email', but the version
installed on the internal machines that many of the team members are
using does not support 'git-send-email'.

For those that know how to correct send patches to the mailing list, great.
For those that do not, I decided to write a cronjob that will take our
Github pull requests and forward them to the mailing list properly.
This means that we can use Github pull requests for integrating the code
and the mailing list for review discussion.

I'm going to run the script directed at the mailing list for the first
time momentarily.  Please give feedback if there is anything I can do to
improve it or if you hate it.  I'll post the code itself on Github
sometime.

The script does detect if you update a pull request on Github and it
will resend as v2, v3, etc.
--
Patrick Williams