Palmetto netboot instructions

Brad Bishop brad at bwbmail.net
Tue Oct 6 17:32:16 AEDT 2015

Joel

Phosphor is just an alias for openbmc.  The target for a build in OE is set in build/conf/local.conf by the machine variable.  The qemu target is ‘qemuarm’  -  the Palmetto target is palmetto.  obmc-phosphor-image is an image recipe - those are orthogonal to the build target.

If you are starting from scratch without a build/conf directory you can just:

TEMPLATECONF=meta-openbmc-machines/meta-openpower/meta-ibm/meta-palmetto/conf . oe-init-build-env

and that will populate local.conf for palmetto.

OE does has support for putting the initramfs into the kernel.  I tried briefly to get that going but I didn’t get very far.

Thx - Brad