[NEMO-devel] more readable output
bje at air.net.au
Sun Oct 15 12:01:57 AEDT 2017
I've just made a change to the way that energy and power values are
printed in NEMO output (mainly evolve.py, but also in the plots).
NEMO uses MW and MWh for everything internally, but previously scaled
these to GW and TWh in the output due to its common use in modelling
large systems. This didn't work well for much smaller systems with
I've made a change so that all figures are now shown to the user at an
appropriate scale: < 1 MW is shown in kW, 1000+ MW in GW, etc.
Likewise for watt hours. This makes the output much friendlier for
Here's a contrived example from an evolve.py run I prepared earlier:
CCGT (NSW1:31), 0 kW
supplied 0 kWh, ran 0 hours, 0.0 Mt CO2
poly 24 hydro (NSW1:24), 42.5 MW
supplied 372.3 GWh, CF 100.0%, ran 8,760 hours
poly 36 hydro (NSW1:36), 2.4308 GW
supplied 21.294 TWh, CF 100.0%, ran 8,760 hours
poly 38 hydro (VIC1:38), 450 MW
supplied 3.942 TWh, CF 100.0%, ran 8,760 hours
poly 43 hydro (TAS1:43), 462.5 MW
supplied 4.0515 TWh, CF 100.0%, ran 8,760 hours
OCGT (NSW1:31), 3.726 GW
supplied 32.64 TWh, CF 100.0%, capcost $2,798,221,755, opcost $5,139,275,927, LCOE $163, ran 8,760 hours, 22.8 Mt CO2
You get the idea. :-)
The catch is that any automatic or manual processing of results now
needs to pay attention to the units.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the nemo-devel