[patch 0/8] systemsim and hvc_console patches

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Jan 14 14:09:07 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 01:30:33PM -0500, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> I have not taken much of a look into the systemsim device drivers
> themselves to see if they are any good and I realize that it is
> _very_ late for any new feature to get included into 2.6.16.

Seems like they still need a bit of cleanup before they get merged. I've
commented on most of the patches, see separate emails.

Overall I'm not sure how I feel about having hacks in the kernel for
systemsim. If it's truly simulating the full system, why can't it simulate
the disk device and network device as well instead of doing things with
magic instructions like it does now?

-Olof