AW: Re: __setup_cpu_be problem

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Feb 14 09:40:49 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 23:17 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 19:19, Hartmut Penner wrote:
> >       the initial value set by FW of the HID6 is 0x00010034_00000000.
>
> Ok, good: Both large page sizes are set to 16M, neither is 1M or 64k.

That should be changed. One should be set to 64K and the other to 16M.
At this point, it's not yet clear how the kernel will make use of 64K
pages, it requires a feature bit that is never set (indicating that
cache inhibited L pages are supported). It will be provided by
ibm,pa-feature property in the long run but last I looked, it wasn't yet
implemented by any firmware.