AW: Re: __setup_cpu_be problem

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Feb 14 09:17:31 EST 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 19:19, Hartmut Penner wrote:
>       the initial value set by FW of the HID6 is 0x00010034_00000000.

Ok, good: Both large page sizes are set to 16M, neither is 1M or 64k.

That means that we can just rip out the HID6 setup from the kernel
without losing the ability for 16M pages. Geoff, please submit a
patch to replace __setup_cpu_be with __setup_cpu_power4 if that
solves your problem.

The new 64k page support has never worked so far on Cell because
of missing spufs code for this, so we don't get a regression either
way. We still need the firmware changes (HID6 setup and the device
tree properties) in order to support 64k pages, but we don't need
to worry about breaking stuff in the process.

	Arnd <><