creating PCI-related sysfs entries

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Thu Feb 2 16:52:43 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:35:46PM -0600, linas wrote:
> > Sounds like you want to add another method for error recovery
> > stats/control.
>
> Actually, the "recovery" part is already (mostly) in mainline,
> See Documentation/pci-error-recovery.txt

Yes - I've reviewed a few of the times you submitted it.

What I meant was, you want to formalize error recovery methods
and make it a peer to the other resources access methods I listed.

> Another issue is that there's no implementation at this time for
> any arch other than powerpc,

Well, some ia64 chipsets have some limited support but it's
really up to the respective companies to drive that.

> although the latest pci express bridges support this function in principle.

"Nguyen, Tom L" <tom.l.nguyen at intel.com> has proposed patches
to support PCI-e AER (Advanced Error Reporting):
	http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/3/11/269

I've cc'd him in case he has an interest in resurrecting those patches
and adapting them to the current framework (and vice versa).

grant