Please pull ppc64-2.6.git

Linus Torvalds torvalds at osdl.org
Sat Sep 10 09:12:55 EST 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> There is another bunch of ppc64 updates in the usual place:

Btw, I can't even begin to describe how much I hate the "include3"
directory crap that was introduced recently.

Not only is it incredibly ugly, it totally breaks filename completion,
since doing a "grep inc<tab>li<tab>" no longer completes properly to
"include/linux/" like it should, and like God intended it to. Instead, it
beeps at you, and generates a crappy "includeli" completion.

If we can't get things to use <asm-ppc/xyzzy.h>, then can we at least move
that frigging ugly directory somewhere else? Instead of using "include3"
(what a totally horrible name - that should already have told somebody
that it wasn't a good idea), why not use arch/$(ARCH)/include" instead?

		Linus