[patch 00/13] spufs snapshot against 2.6.14-rc5

arnd at arndb.de arnd at arndb.de
Fri Oct 28 12:39:43 EST 2005

It's time for another development snapshot of spufs. We have
a lot of bug fixes against the previous development release from
September 16th.

I'm planning to do another version of the first six patches
against the arch/powerpc merge tree after I've moved over
arch/ppc64/kernel/bpa_* to arch/powerpc/platforms/cell (yes,
I haven't forgotten about that) and the merge tree makes its way
into -mm.

Aside from this, this whole set of patches will become the base
for another kernel package on
http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/ together
with a matching libspe. The libspe interface has now been
stablilized for version 1.0 and will be maintained in a
compatible way, unlike the previous libspe releases.

For the interface between libspe and kernel, That will become
stable as soon it's merged into the mainline kernel (before
that it can't be stable for obvious reasons), but at least
I'm not planning to do any incompatible interface changes to it
at this point. Please tell me ASAP if there are still concerns
about the kernel interface.

	Arnd <><