asm-ppc/page.h vs asm-powerpc/page.h (fwd)

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Tue Nov 15 10:17:49 EST 2005

Kumar Gala writes:

> Guys, what's going on here.
>
> Why haven't we removed asm-ppc/page.h?

I decided that all the APUS special-case stuff was too ugly to live,
and that there had to be a better way, so I took it out of the merged
page_32.h.  Because of that, and because I didn't want to take the
risk of breaking any other existing ARCH=ppc ports, I left the
existing asm-ppc/page.h in the tree.

> When I build ARCH=powerpc I get asm-powerpc/page.h, which doesn't build on
> 85xx since page_to_virt is missing.

Ah... well, send me a patch to add page_to_virt. :)

Paul.