[patch 2/5] powerpc: create a new arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/smp.c

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Nov 1 10:50:48 EST 2005

On Dinsdag 01 November 2005 00:26, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> A lot of your smp routines are identical to the pSeries versions. Wouldn't it
> be preferable to only have one implementation?

Yes it would. I'm not sure how that would best be done however. Until 2.6.14,
we've just used the pSeries implementation, which does not work any more now
that we want to keep the platform stuff in separate directories.

One idea might be to split out the rtas calls (startup_cpu, give_timebase,
take_timebase) to rtas.c so they can be included by all chrp-descendants.
smp_init_cell() can be further simplified under the assumption that we're
always SMT and never LPAR, although the latter might change in the future.

	Arnd <><