Fwd: Options for kdump kernel location

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Thu Aug 18 17:24:47 EST 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:02, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Generally it's looking like option 2 is safer, assuming we can get the
> kernel booting at !0.
>
> I've got patches which go some way to doing that, at the moment my kernel
> linked at 64MB explodes as soon as we try to lmb_alloc() - not sure why
> yet.

Well duh, because lmb_alloc() starts allocating from the top of RAM and that's
not mapped - and we have no exceptions. So that should be fixed by putting
trampolines at zero for all the exceptions .. tomorrow.

And now I'm going to stop replying to myself, it's getting a little weird.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

email: michael:ellerman.id.au
inmsg: mpe:jabber.org
wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person