Fan control for new PowerMac G5 2.7GHz machines?

Christopher Friesen cfriesen at nortel.com
Thu Aug 4 08:06:46 EST 2005

Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:
>  > Not really. It's a PowerMac7,2 model ? (in /proc/cpuinfo) ? Can you
>  > maybe add some printk's around in the driver to see what's wrong ?
>
> It reports PowerMac7,3:

I think Ben must have made a mistake.  My G5 that I've had for some time
now also reports as 7,3, but it doesn't have the FX cpu revisions.

processor       : 0
cpu             : PPC970, altivec supported
clock           : 2000.000000MHz
revision        : 2.2

processor       : 1
cpu             : PPC970, altivec supported
clock           : 2000.000000MHz
revision        : 2.2

timebase        : 33333333
machine         : PowerMac7,3
motherboard     : PowerMac7,3 MacRISC4 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 336 (PowerMac G5)
pmac flags      : 00000000
pmac-generation : NewWorld

Chris