Fan control for new PowerMac G5 2.7GHz machines?

Brian D. Carlstrom bdc at carlstrom.com
Thu Aug 4 08:01:38 EST 2005

Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:
 > Not really. It's a PowerMac7,2 model ? (in /proc/cpuinfo) ? Can you
 > maybe add some printk's around in the driver to see what's wrong ?

It reports PowerMac7,3:

    $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    cpu             : PPC970FX, altivec supported
    clock           : 2700.000000MHz
    revision        : 3.1

    processor       : 1
    cpu             : PPC970FX, altivec supported
    clock           : 2700.000000MHz
    revision        : 3.1

    timebase        : 33333333
    machine         : PowerMac7,3
    motherboard     : PowerMac7,3 MacRISC4 Power Macintosh
    detected as     : 336 (PowerMac G5)
    pmac flags      : 00000000
    pmac-generation : NewWorld

At the moment several people are working on the machine setting up
services so I haven't been able to reboot to try the 2.6.12.3
linux-stable kernel yet.

-bri