List message size limit

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Wed Oct 27 10:10:44 EST 2004

Hi all,

> The limit of messages sizes on this list is about 40k. This is too small
> for a lot of patches. I'd like it to be pumped to 128k or even more,
> though that needs to be discussed first in case a majority of
> subscribers disagree..

Just a side-note here: patches that are provided by a URL (ie, those too large
to be attached) will not be picked up by the patch tracking system at
present. However, I could extend it to check URLs that appear in a message,
possibly with some special syntax to let the parser know that it should
follow the link (to reduce unnecessary downloads).

Any suggestions?

Jeremy