Reserve initrd pages.

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Oct 16 10:47:41 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 06:52, David Woodhouse wrote:
> We don't mark initrd pages as reserved. If we manage to allocate enough
> other stuff before using the initrd, we end up eating into the initrd
> and we don't boot.

That should be done in mm/init.c, do_init_bootmem() itself:

	/* reserve the sections we're already using */
	for (i=0; i < lmb.reserved.cnt; i++) {
		unsigned long physbase = lmb.reserved.region[i].physbase;
		unsigned long size = lmb.reserved.region[i].size;

		reserve_bootmem(physbase, size);
	}

The initrd is part of the "reserved map" passed in by prom_init and thus
is put in the list of reserved lmb regions.