Booting Imac G5 : Wrong patch

J. Mayer l_indien at magic.fr
Mon Nov 15 02:34:48 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 03:21, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 03:22 +0100, J. Mayer wrote:
>
> > The only other device I can see that should have an IRQ pin set and have
> > not is the IDE controler.
> > That's why I did copy the code which gets the IRQ number from the IDE
> > driver code, as I could see the IDE controler driver did work !
> > I'll check on my Ibook if I can see such a bug on IDE.
>
> I suppose the right fix then is to ignore the IRQ pin on pmac. Just copy
> pci_read_irq_line() to pmac_pci.c, call it pmac_pci_read_irq_line and
> remove the bit that reads the IRQ PIN .. (and remove the PPCDBG ugly
> macros too while you are at it :)

The previous patch I sent was buggy:
I added the shasta controler in the pmac_ide driver but made a mistake:
I missed an else statement so the controler was still recognized as an
Ohare one.
It's now well recognized (but uses k2 UDMA 100 timings) and runs in
UDMA2 mode instead of MDMA2.

The corrected full patch is attached.

--
J. Mayer <l_indien at magic.fr>