Booting Imac G5 : success !

J. Mayer l_indien at magic.fr
Sat Nov 13 13:22:31 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 03:03, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > As I said, we're lacking an IRQ pin in the PCI configuration space of
> > the SATA controler, not in the OF tree (as you can see in the dump I
> > previously sent).
>
> (No, you wrote that we're lacking an IRQ _line_ which is different :)

Ooops, you're right, sorry.

> Anyway, the correct fix is to do a quirk I suppose, that "corrects" the
> IRQ pin register. Is any other device having the same bug ?

The only other device I can see that should have an IRQ pin set and have
not is the IDE controler.
That's why I did copy the code which gets the IRQ number from the IDE
driver code, as I could see the IDE controler driver did work !
I'll check on my Ibook if I can see such a bug on IDE.

--
J. Mayer <l_indien at magic.fr>
Never organized