Booting Imac G5 : success !

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Nov 13 13:03:58 EST 2004

> As I said, we're lacking an IRQ pin in the PCI configuration space of
> the SATA controler, not in the OF tree (as you can see in the dump I
> previously sent).

(No, you wrote that we're lacking an IRQ _line_ which is different :)

Anyway, the correct fix is to do a quirk I suppose, that "corrects" the
IRQ pin register. Is any other device having the same bug ?

Note that we could also probably just ignore the IRQ PIN in the PCI
header, I have to check if it would have an impact on pSeries tho.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>