eeh

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Mar 23 09:00:17 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:50:44PM -0600, John H Rose wrote:

> > I still don't like the drivers/pci/hotplug changes, as they are very
> > platform specific.
>
> Are you commenting on the changes to the rpaphp files? The affected
> files are entirely platform specific, so I don't understand.

He has implemented a PPC64 specific way to power off a pci slot.  I
object to that.

> Regardless, the hotplug script does get called as Nathan points out.

But it gets called for a ACTION=remove event, after the card is gone.  I
want a ACTION=fault event before anything touches the card to give
usersapce an option of what it wants to do about the fault.  See the
archives of this thread for details...

thanks,

greg k-h