KDB in ameslab

linas at austin.ibm.com linas at austin.ibm.com
Thu Mar 4 04:48:28 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:17:57PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:59:46 -0600,
> linas at austin.ibm.com wrote:
> >p.s. Keith, I will try to create and send you the corresponding
> >ppc64 architecture patch; however, this might be ugly, because
> >I suspect the andrew morton kernels are still fairly out of sync
> >with the BK ameslab trees.
>
> That is OK, I had the same problem with ia64 in 2.4.  Users had to
> apply the ia64 patches from David Mosberger first, then kdb for ia64.

We don't distrubute ppc64 as a set of patches; instead, users
are told to bk clone a bitkeeper tree (in ameslab).

Based on Anton's comments about ameslab being almost in sync with
the torvalds/morton trees, I'm thinking that providing you with
a ppc64-arch-only patch that applies cleanly to the akpm kernels
shouldn't be too hard.

Then again, If you don't really want this patch, I don't really
want to hassle with generating it.  I thought it might be nice,
"for the record" to have it on your ftp site ...

--linas