KDB in ameslab

Keith Owens kaos at sgi.com
Wed Mar 3 21:17:57 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:59:46 -0600,
linas at austin.ibm.com wrote:
>p.s. Keith, I will try to create and send you the corresponding
>ppc64 architecture patch; however, this might be ugly, because
>I suspect the andrew morton kernels are still fairly out of sync
>with the BK ameslab trees.

That is OK, I had the same problem with ia64 in 2.4.  Users had to
apply the ia64 patches from David Mosberger first, then kdb for ia64.

Submit kdb for ppc64 patches against the current ppc64 tree, which I
guess is what your recent patch is.  Tell users that they have to apply
the general ppc64 patches first, before applying kdb for ppc64.

Alternatively you can maintain kdb for ppc64 directly in the ppc64
tree, then I do not have to get involved.