Distro for ppc64/2.6 work?

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sat Jun 5 08:32:05 EST 2004

I have an IBM pSeries 630 box that I would like to start using for
kernel 2.6-based development.  What is a good distribution to start
with?  I'm not that concerned about the distribution installing 2.6 to
start with, but I'd like to avoid dealing with having to build a newer
toolchain, install module-init-tools, etc. if possible.

Along the same lines, should a recent stock Linus kernel (say 2.6.6)
work on a p630 (with pSeries_defconfig), or is there a better tree to
work with?

Thanks,
  Roland