NAP mode on powerpc 970

Régis Odeyé rod at thalescomputers.fr
Sat Jan 17 01:02:49 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently working with a JS20 running Suse SLES8. And I would like
to analyse the behaviour of the NAP mode of the powerpc 970.

I was not able to find anything related to the NAP mode in the ppc64
branch.

Is there somebody who try to patch the idle loop of the ppc64 branch as
it is already done in the ppc32 branch for some ppc processors ?

The other related issue I have is how to enable the NAP mode by setting
the hypervisor HID0 register. Is there a way to write the hypervisor
register through the kernel ? through the firmware of the JS20 ?

Any related information will be really helpful.

Thanks.

--
Régis Odeyé
Thales Computers, a Thales company. www.thalescomputers.com
E-mail: rod at thalescomputers.fr
Tel: +33 (0)4 98 16 34 86 - Fax: +33 (0)4 98 16 34 01