autoconsole

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Fri Feb 13 02:09:07 EST 2004

 On Thu, Jan 15, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > I haven't had time to check it out yet, but Sparc pushed an
> > add_preferred_console() to 2.5 a couple weeks ago. See
> > arch/sparc/kernel/setup.c set_preferred_console() ; it's a bit cleaner
> > looking than what you've posted here. :)
>
> Agreed, how does this look? I could only compile test it, I dont have a
> machine to run on at the moment.

have you tested it? console=tty1 doesnt work, console output still goes
straight to ttyS0. cmd_line is probably not yet set, my cmdline contains
alot of stuff, but only the first word was printed with

        printk("%s(%u) cmd_line is %s\n",__FUNCTION__,__LINE__,cmd_line);

in set_preferred_console(). So strstr(cmd_line, "console=") does not
trigger. Does it just not work for me?

--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!

sUse lINUX ag, nÜRNBERG