2.6.10-rc3 does not boot on PowerMac

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Dec 8 10:47:46 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 00:26 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> writes:
>
> > Have you found out what causes the kernel PCI layer to re-allocate the
> > video card resources ? I should definitely not do that ...
>
> Sorry, but I have no idea about all that stuff.  Please advice!
>
> > Can you send me the lspci -vv (as root) output with both kernels ?
>
> Attached.
>
> > Also compile the PCI layer with DEBUG enabled ...
>
> I've enabled DEBUG in all files in drivers/pci and in
> arch/ppc64/kernel/pci.c.  If you need more please tell.

I don't understand ... the 2 lspci's were taken with the same machine ?
The PCI setup is totally different ... pretty much everything got moved
around ! That is really bad.

You don't seem to have debug enabled in drivers/pci/setup-bus.c tho,
can you check if pci_assign_unassigned_resources() is called at all in
either kernel ?