dynamic addition of OF property to /proc/device-tree

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Sat Aug 28 11:55:59 EST 2004

Dave Hansen writes:

> It think it was established (from an earlier patch) that Martin's tools
> are currently the only user of the linux,pci-domain property in the
> OpenFirmware tree.  From what I understand, this is how Martin's tool
> found out which PCI domain a particular adapter is in.

Yes, a particular adaptor as identified by an OF pathname.  The
linux,pci-domain property was added because without it, it wasn't
possible to determine reliably the correspondence between OF pathnames
and Linux device names.

Now that we have the devspec entry in sysfs it's possible that we
don't need the linux,pci-domain property.  I'll talk to Martin about
it on Monday.

Paul.