dynamic addition of OF property to /proc/device-tree

Nathan Lynch nathanl at austin.ibm.com
Sat Aug 28 02:04:49 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 10:46, Joel Schopp wrote:
> Sometime last year Nathan Lynch had written an implementation of dynamic
> property add/remove code.

Which was half-baked and terminated with extreme prejudice ;)

I don't see a safe way to allow removal of node properties without
adding a per-node lock and changing a lot of code.

If we're concerned only with newly added PHB nodes, I think we can
safely attach the new property right before the node is plugged into the
device tree, before anything else can get a reference to the new PHB
node.

Nathan