[PATCCH] add converion of H_LongBusyOrder* to -EBUSY in arch/ppc64/kernel/hvconsole.c

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Tue Apr 27 15:45:42 EST 2004

Ryan Scott Arnold writes:

> This patch adds handling for H_LongBusyOrder* return codes and converts
> them to the -EBUSY errno for those drivers (only hvcs at this time) who
> prefer arch independent return codes.
>
> Pending review either I'll push this to Ameslab myself or ask someone
> else (antonb) to do it if that would be a preferred method.

Patch looks fine.  I'll check it in.

Just looking at the surrounding code, I wonder why we return -EPERM
for the default case?  EINVAL would possibly be a better choice for a
generic "something went wrong".

How are we progressing towards having something that could be sent
upstream (as far as the hvc stuff is concerned)?

Paul.