RAS uses RTAS arguments that might be above RMO/4GB

Olof Johansson olof at austin.ibm.com
Wed Apr 7 07:20:35 EST 2004

The EPOW stuff in ras.c passes pointers from the stack into RTAS.
There's a risk that they end up above 4GB and/or above RMO, which makes
RTAS choke. We're seeing a couple of these at the moment, so I'd like to
fix this to rule it out.

Does attached patch look sane?  I'm not 100% sure what context it might
be called from, but I figured doing local structure copies is safer than
holding the lock over log_error().

Thanks.

-Olof

--
Olof Johansson                                        Office: 4F005/905
Linux on Power Development                            IBM Systems Group