pci <-> device node mapping

Todd Inglett tinglett at vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 20 01:15:21 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 06:23, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> Im acutely aware of it, I spent ages trying to bring a large machine up
> with some broken SCSI adapters, disks and network cards. Im half
> considering stashing the OF name into pci_dev->slot_name (as well
> as domain/bus/devfn) and forcing drivers to print it when they fail.

I did this in 2.4 with pci_dev->name which actually worked quite well.
It would be nice to have an arch defined func to format the name for
messages to take care of domains as well as location codes.  Doesn't
sparc64 have this already (with icky ifdef's everywhere)?
--
Todd Inglett <tinglett at vnet.ibm.com>