Fw: ppc64 drivers???

David Boutcher boutcher at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 9 23:27:17 EST 2003

rajuraghava at yahoo.com wrote:
> When I build my driver it is turning up as 32 bit
> version as shown below.

You need to make sure you are using a PPC64 cross compiler to build the
driver.  It looks like you are using the normal gcc, which even on a system
with a 64 bit kernel is a 32 bit compiler.

For example, my makefile has the following in it (though this is a custom
built cross compiler...I think SuSE names it something different.)
CROSS_COMPILE   = /opt/ppc64-stable/bin/powerpc64-linux-

And you are right that /usr/src/linux/include/asm should point to
asm-ppc64.  If you use the right compiler, things should work great.

Dave Boutcher