powerpc64-linux-g++ host types

Kaena Freitas kaena at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 13 06:36:57 EST 2003

Hi Bradley,

I think you might be asking the wrong development team. I assume you are
using the GNU tools which run on AIX and are part of the AIX Toolbox of
Linux Applications. I copied David Clissold on this note. David is the
Toolbox owner and can answer your question.

Aloha,

Kaena

D. Kaena Freitas
Linux on pSeries Development
kaena at us.ibm.com  Office: (512)838-2676
cell: (512)762-3884

                      Bradley
                      Harrington/Austin/IBM at IBMUS         To:       linuxppc64-dev at lists.linuxppc.org
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-linuxppc64-dev at lists.l        Subject:  powerpc64-linux-g++ host types
                      inuxppc.org

                      02/12/2003 12:13 PM

I'm not sure if this is a user question or a dev question, but I'll try
here first.  We have gotten ELF64 gcc working wonderfully on our build
machines, which exclusively run AIX (4.3 & 5.1).  However, some people are
clamoring for C++ now.  Has anyone successfully generated an ELF64 g++?
The barrier seems to be, the requirement of glibc, which will not configure
on AIX.  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Brad

Bradley R. Harrington
bharring at us.ibm.com