real mode limit

Peter Bergner bergner at borg.umn.edu
Thu Jul 25 06:25:08 EST 2002

Todd Inglett:
: I already warned Pete that he'll have to deal with the RMO size.
: Hopefully he will get to it soon (just back from a long vacation) :).
:
: Offhand I'm not sure how to determine the RMO size.  It's encoded in a
: HID reg that I'm sure we can't read.  We could just allocate just under
: 256MB when under a hypervisor, I suppose, even though current systems
: are 1GB.

Ok, Dave found out that the RMO region for an LPAR system is just
the first LMB region.  Getting late now, so I'll fix that in prom.c
to read that value in the morning.

Peter