lkcd is in...

Todd Inglett tinglett at vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 9 05:28:45 EST 2002

I just checked in a minimal set of Linux Kernel Crash Dump (lkcd)
changes into our internal tree.  I'll package up the user mode code real
soon...but I think there are a few kinks to work out yet.  It has had
little testing other than sysrq-c, for example :).

I don't like the code that IPI's for processors to save state.  This
will likely get stuck.  If we had pSeries soft disable we could emulate
an NMI which could be useful for the debugger too.

I also don't care for the fact that interrupts are required to write to
disk.  The lkcd guys are working on this, but it would be nice if the
hypervisor (if in use) could help out like it does for OS/400 dumps on
iSeries.  Someday... :)

-todd